Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

A big "Thank you!" to my friend, Susan, for providing me with a healthy, organic carrot cake recipe just in time for my birthday! I was only a week overdue in having the time to make it, but very glad I did! The new ingredients for me were coconut oil (replaces shortening) and apple juice concentrate. No sugar at all in this recipe! Well, except for the icing made w/ organic cream cheese, organic powdered sugar and some vanilla (didn't have organic on hand yet). I have to say I wasn't wowed when I tried it right after eating it, but today it was delicious- much better once it had time to get nice and cold! Definitely a recipe to repeat, although shredding the carrots is time-consuming!
Here are some pics of the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...