Saturday, November 3, 2012

Umm, Yeah, Not So Much...

*Disclaimer- In no way is this post meant to dissuade you from ever trying or making kale chips. All opinions stated are the opinion of the author :)

Well, just so you all know that I don't always love every recipe I try, here's one: kale chips. It saddens me that I don't like them since I have read so many benefits of kale and seen many recipes on pinterest. When my next door neighbor (and running partner) asked if I wanted some, I jumped at the chance! The kale was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't wait to try it!



 I used this recipe (very simple and easy to follow) and this is how they turned out:


I think as far as what kale chips are supposed to be like, they were it. Light, crunchy, slightly salty...but I don't like them. The texture is a little weird and the taste is a little weird. And for me, two weirds just make a wrong! I can handle one chip but more than that...ugh. I wish I liked them. Will I try them again? Yes. Will I make as big of a batch- no, haha! But perhaps some other seasonings would help.

Have you ever made/eaten kale chips? What did you think? Any suggestions for the next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...