Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Pumpkin Time!

Well, I have definitely been in the mood for some yummy pumpkin treats! Some of my favorites are pumpkin dip and pumpkin bread. The bread was not too difficult to modify. Basically just altered my banana bread recipe by swapping 1 c pumpkin for 1 c banana, adding more cinnamon and some nutmeg. Since I have been craving chocolate, but don't eat conventional candy anymore, I added some organic semi-sweet chips. Here's how it turned out:
 

I tried a piece while it was still very warm, and wished I had added even more cinnamon. I also cut back on the agave nectar and only used 1/4 c and it probably could have used the 1/2 c instead. Live and learn!



The pumpkin dip was a bit more tricky, as it usually included fat free sugar free vanilla pudding and fat free whipped cream (yeah, not exactly clean, whole foods!). Thankfully I found this vegan pudding at Sonnewald Natural Foods:
 It is typically mixed with tofu and water to make into pudding. I decided that what was left in my large can of pumpkin after removing the cup for the bread would take the place of the tofu (besides, I have a chocolate pudding pack I want to use with the tofu!). I also added a small amount of water, cinnamon and nutmeg. I have to admit it is not as tasty, but when I think about what I am eating, it makes up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...