Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pinch-Me-Bread: The Sequel

Well, ever since making my recent dinner rolls, I knew I wanted to try an incarnation of this recipe as Pinch-Me-Bread since the dinner rolls turned out so light and fluffy. So, here is my cottage cheese herb roll recipe tweaked into yummy, cinnamon-y goodness!

Cottage Cheese Pinch-Me-Bread

1 pk yeast
1/2 c warm water (I used water as hot as it would get from the tap)
1 1/2 c organic whole wheat bread flour
1/2 c each oat flour, barley flour
1/8 c Sun Crystals (oops, as I was typing the recipe up I realized I forgot to add sugar to the dough- but it wasn't needed :)
organic REAL vanilla (I tend to not measure vanilla, but all I know is I will add more next time!)
1/3 c organic raw wheat germ
1 c organic cottage cheese (I was so excited to find this at Sonnewald's, along with organic sour cream!)
1 egg
olive oil
cinnamon, brown sugar, Sun Crystals amounts up to you, but I use more than 1/2 cinnamon

Dissolve the yeast in water and set aside as you prep other ingredients. Turn on oven to 200 degrees. Once it is done heating, turn off.
In large bowl mix egg and cottage cheese. Add flours, sugar (if you remember it!), vanilla, wheat germ, and cottage cheese. Add yeast/water mixture. Knead on floured surface until smooth (about 5 minutes). Place in bowl sprayed with nonstick spray, set in dough and cover with tea towel dampened with hot water and set in oven 40 minutes. Wait patiently (or not so much like me!)

I did not roll out the dough once it was done rising, just use my handy Autie Anne's pretzel dough cutter and cut off small amounts of dough at a time while it was in the bowl.Then lightly roll each into a small ball, about the size of a large marble. Dip lightly in olive oil and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place in angel food or bunt pan, or you can use another cake/bread pan if you don't have the others. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Enjoy! I don't know if our batch is going to see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...