Wednesday, March 20, 2013

French Fries {Updated Recipe}


A while ago I let you in on my new favorite way to make french fries using organic coconut or palm oil from Tropical Traditions.


1 Gallon Organic Palm Shortening - 112 oz.


Special Price! Virgin Coconut Oil, Gold Label - 1 gallon


If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you!

I was trying to think of a better way to do it using less oil and this is what I came up with and it worked great!

I used 3 medium red-skinned potatoes (peeled and sliced in french fry shape). Feel free to use whatever potato you like best. I had never made them with red potatoes before but they did well! This was enough for 3 of us.

2 heaping tablespoons of palm oil, melted in a medium saucepan

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In batches, coat the potatoes in the oil in the pan and place on baking sheet (do not overlap them). Continue until all are coated.

Bake about 10 minutes then stir, turn and rotate potatoes (mine seemed to get done faster on the edges). Bake another 10 minutes, more if needed (it will depend on the size of the slices).

Add a little salt, Old Bay or vinegar and you are good to go! These tasted just like a local french fry company that frequents local carnivals, etc. YUM!

*Disclaimer- While I am NOT someone who eats these often, I DO occasionally get hungry for them and these do hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...