Sunday, July 13, 2014

Cherry Cobbler {Gluten-Free}

 
It's always a sad thing when you buy fresh, local foods and then don't get a chance to use them and they go bad :( I know that has happened to me more times than I would like to admit. I was able to find a quart of delicious cherries at a farmer's market last weekend and all week didn't find the time to make them into cobbler. When I finally pulled them out of the fridge today they definitely looked like they had seen better days but fortunately enough were able to be salvaged! My daughter and I love cherry cobbler (although it might technically be a crisp?) but I don't think I have made some since going gluten free. No worries, this recipe is great for anyone!

Ingredients

1 quart cherries, washed and pitted
1/2 T vanilla
1/2 c Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (sourghum should also work fine or regular flour if you don't need to eat gluten free)
1 c gluten free oats (not quick cooking)
1/2 c sucanat
dash cinnamon
4 T softened butter (not margarine)

Mix cherries and vanilla and place in glass pie pan. In a separate bowl mix together all other ingredients and spread evenly on top of cherries. Bake at 350 in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cherries are boiling nicely (you should see the juice bubbling above the topping at the edges of the pan. Allow to cool before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...