Friday, August 15, 2014

The Hanover Hub {Review}

I love how many great local restaurants are popping up everywhere! The Hanover Hub came into town a while ago but I was unable to make it until recently.

The first trip was with my friend, Susan. We were at an all day training together and needed to go somewhere fairly quick. She recommended the Hub Comfort, a three cheese blend grilled cheese sandwich. They make their own fries and chips and that's the only thing they fry in the oil so as someone who eats gluten free, there is no worry of cross contamination. The fries were very good and had a nice blend of seasoning on them already. Their gluten free roll is amazing, so light and fluffy!

 The second time I visited was with my daughter. We were both not terribly hungry so we decided to split the Hubba-Cado with avocado, tomato, onion, lettuce and a tomato pesto. It was so delicious!
I wanted to try the chips this time. They were also good with the same seasoning but there is no way I could eat a whole portion myself and I definitely prefer the fries for when I return.
I met a few teacher friends there for a catch-up lunch this week. I really went outside my norm for my sandwich- The Philly Hub Sub, otherwise known as the best Philly cheese steak I have ever had. (This is only half the sandwich, I started to dig in before remembering to take a picture.) It also came with a spicy chipotle mayo that was amazing and a little went a long way.
The Hub also had a delicious gluten free dessert made with almond flour and a chocolate topping that was amazing! I look forward to trying a breakfast sandwich as well as one of their specialty coffee drinks. There is quite the selection of sandwiches it will take quite a few visits to try them all! Check out their web site and let me know what you would order if you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...