Sunday, May 17, 2015

Breaking the Silence {Has it really been since November!?}

Wow...has it been since November?? It's been a busy past 6 months! I have missed writing/blogging so much though, and you know there are always more posts in the summer ;)

I have been very busy starting and growing my Celadon Road business. If you are interested in learning more, visit my web site http://www.myceladonroad.com/laurab/ or like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CeladonRoadLauraB

This winter was another particularly trying one for me, weather-wise. The back half was definitely worse which meant delays in getting the garden going again or even having a day decent enough to get outside to start plants in my eggshells! We even had snow on the first day of spring! But once spring came it was gorgeous!

We also hatched some chicks at school in March which was a nice way to cheer up an otherwise dreary month.



I always have the problem of not having a way to trap the moisture in with the eggshells for that greenhouse effect. Then I remembered that I picked up some large, clear containers that a neighbor had out for the trash. The egg cartons fit perfectly and when loosely covered with plastic wrap created the greenhouse effect and the plants did the best ever in the eggshells for me!



I was then able to transfer them to this awesome greenhouse I bought from a friend at the end of last summer.


Once springtime weather came we really only had one short cold snap so I didn't have to keep my garden covered for many days and everything is doing well! I decided that I had too many older seeds and this is my year to use them up. More seeds than I expected are coming! I was also excited to start some more unique plants!












Since there has been such a hiatus, here's a peek at what's to come!

Healthy Fried Apples



Homemade Mexican Bowls and Lime Chips


And the most exciting of all- the recap of a training on the Back to Eden method of gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...