Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fish Sticks {Gluten Free}

 

Anyone else have crazy cravings at times? One food I rarely eat is ketchup but I do at times crave it- especially on fish sticks but since going gluten free I haven't been able to enjoy them. And recently I was craving ketchup! So time for fish sticks it was! Please make sure you use quality and sustainably sourced fish (no tilapia). I used haddock for this recipe.

Fish Sticks

haddock fish filet, cut into fish stick sized pieces (thawed if using frozen fish)

1 c gf bread crumbs (I like Glutino.)
1/2 T each onion, garlic powders, parsley
dash Old Bay
1/2 tsp pepper

2 eggs, beaten

Start oil heating in skillet (I use palm shortening as it does not go rancid at the high frying temperatures). Mix by hand the dry ingredients in bowl. Put beaten eggs in separate bowl.

Dip fish in egg then coat well in dry mixture and set on plate.


 When oil is hot enough (drop in a small crumb to test), lightly fry on both sides.
 

Set on paper towels to drain. If you are making a large batch you can place on cookie sheet in warm oven to keep warm until serving.


 These did amazing with staying together and being very dip-able in ketchup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...