Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies (with a secret ingredient)

So, our furnace was having issues this weekend and we had a technician out to clean and service it, which unfortunately made a horrible oil smell throughout the house. It was necessary to bake SOMETHING to help with the odor, and chocolate chip cookies won the vote from the kids. For some reason I didn't want to make my usual recipe so I decided to raid my Sneak Chef cookbook. I, of course, had to alter even this healthy recipe a little :)  Pictures were taken by my daughter, Leah.

Ingredients:
1 c Bob's Red Mill organic pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c wheat bran
4 T butter (softened)
1/4 c sucanat
1/8 c Sun Crystals
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 c lentil puree
1/2 c plain yogurt
1/2 c mini organic choco chips (plus I sprinkled a few more on top :)

Whisk together first 4 ingredients. In another bowl using mixer, beat butter, sucanat and sugars until creamy. Beat in the rest of the ingredients (except chips), then stir in flour mixture and then chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake 16-18 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...