Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cheddar Crackers and Brunch for Supper

Finally got a chance to try Heavenly Homemaker's Cristy Cheddar Crackers. I ran out of parchment paper and in my opinion, it is necessary for rolling out these crackers. The one item I forgot when making them is to leave them in the oven after you turn it off so they can crisp. This does not work well if you are in the midst of a baking frenzy and want to keep putting more items in while the oven is warm to save electricity. So, note to self, make the crackers last next time :)  Due to not having the proper crisping time, they are a little chewy, but quite honestly it still tastes fine, and reminds me of the communion bread from the church I grew up in. I really thought I took a picture of them but can't put my finger on it at the moment. One other change is that I did sprinkle sea salt on top before baking to help them taste more like store bought cheese crackers.

Ham and Egg Cups

As a result of having leftover eggs from Dr. Seuss' birthday last week, and some organic ham that was about to expire, this recipe was born! Based on a recipe from the free Giant magazine. I also made some banana muffins to help use up an old banana. Since I only had one, I also used 1/2 cup applesauce along with it which turned out great, and lessened the banana flavor.

8 eggs
10 slices ham
2 slices of bread, cubed
garlic powder
onion powder
shredded cheese
black pepper to taste as garnish

Line 10 muffin tins with cupcake wrappers and coat lightly with nonstick spray.
Beat eggs. Add onion and garlic powder (about 1/2 T each, to taste).
Place ham slices in muffin tins, forming a cup shape with them.
Distribute bread evenly among cups, and add egg mixture.
Garnish with cheese and bake about 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
The eggs were so light and fluffy when they first came out of the oven. Unfortunately I was so busy eating I forgot about taking pictures until they had flattened out some :(  Oh well, still yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...