Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gluten-Free Coconut Muffins (but so delectable they should really be called cupcakes!)

Note: I am far behind in posts and this was actually from over 2 months ago...

After hearing my computer-only mentor, Laura (hmm, what a great name), talk about how wonderful coconut flour is to bake with, I just had to try it. Add in the fact that my dad has to eat gluten-free and I enjoy being able to meet that need when he comes over, and the fact that I had been craving chocolate chip and blueberry muffins (but not in the SAME muffin, although that might be good...) I thought this was the perfect time to try! Of course, I did alter the recipe a little, are you surprised? And what do you think I added? I'll give you 2 guesses..............cinnamon...........and.........vanilla! Ding, ding, ding! You got it! Of course I don't know the amounts, but probable 1-2 TBSP of vanilla and 1/2-1 TBSP of cinnamon for a double batch. Here are the blueberry (on left) and chocolate chip (on right):
They do have a slight coconut flavor, but you most likely will not notice it unless you make them plain or have a strong aversion to coconut. These were enjoyed so much, that my step-son decided he wanted the chocolate chip ones instead of cupcakes for his party! Awesome! He is into playing chess right now, so I put the Chessman cookies on top to make it look (kinda) like a chess board (and no, these cookies are not something I typically would eat, but it was his birthday after all!):



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...