Sunday, April 8, 2012

Frozen Mocha

So, I definitely have a few downfalls, one of which being frozen mochas/frappuccinos/frappes/whatever-the-current-coffee-shop-I-am-at-calls-them. After seeing this image I realized that event though this is not a frequent indulgence, I needed to find a way to make it at home. Boy was I tickled when I made this! YUM!

Frozen Mocha

6 ice cubes
1/2 c milk (I also made with water if you are trying to not have TOO much dairy)

Blend ice and milk together first. This will help break up the ice without leaving big chunks.

Then add:
1/2 c coffee ice cream (my choice is Perrydell)
squirt of chocolate syrup (make sure it is homemade or organic due to a certain, very popular brand, not actually having ANY chocolate in but having lots of HFCS and chemicals)

Blend again until combined. Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream (recipe below) and a straw and you are good to go!






Whipped Cream

1 pint organic whipping cream (I use Organic Valley)
1-2 T organic cane sugar
1 T vanilla

Combine all in large glass bowl (I love using my Pampered Chef batter bowl!) Blend with hand mixer until stiff peaks form.

I have found if I blend a little longer than I think I need, then it stays good for a couple days in the fridge without separating. This is also a great topping for my sis' gluten-free vegan pumpkin pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...