Sunday, April 8, 2012

Quinoa Flake Breakfast (GF!)

It's official, I am in love with quinoa flakes! After making these cookies I knew they were going to become a staple in my kitchen. Quinoa flakes can also be made similar to oatmeal, so one morning when I was out of homemade yogurt I thought I'd give it a whirl. Feel free to switch out your favorite ingredients (nuts, or add dried fruit), although I must say, this combo is pretty delicious :)

Quinoa Flake Breakfast

1 serving quinoa flakes, cooked (My directions are boil 1 cup water, then add 1/3 cup flakes and boil for 90 seconds)
Place all these ingredients into bowl while flakes are cooking:
1-2 T coconut oil
1 T each flax, chia seeds, almonds

Once flakes are done cooking add to bowl and stir. The heat from the flakes will melt the coconut oil

Then add:
Drizzle of real maple syrup
splash of vanilla
dash of cinnamon

Stir and enjoy! This is very filling, and don't be afraid of the chia seeds, they add a nice crunch and a lot of nutrition!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...