Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Gluten Free!)

It has been quite a few weeks since my friend Susan first gave me this recipe. And after losing it 3 times and running out of cauliflower twice, I finally got it made! It was good, although I altered the recipe a bit. I have an idea for a version that will blend this recipe with the other gluten free crust recipe. Once I get that figured out, I'll definitely post! This was good, filling and yet without all the heaviness of "real" pizza. It made 2 pizzas, 4 slices each, and 2 slices was definitely enough per person.

Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza

2 c shredded cauliflower (about 1/2 head of cauliflower, shredded using cheese grater and then steamed)
2 eggs
2 c shredded mozzarella (I used a bag of Organic Valley Italian blend which is 1 1/2 c and then 1/2 c Parmesan)
dash each of oregano, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt

sauce, cheese, toppings of choice

Preheat oven to 450 degree. Place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets. Mix all ingredients together. Divide and form into 2 large circles.


Bake about 20 minutes. About halfway through I turned the crusts and switched the racks for even baking. Here's what it looked like after baking:


Add sauce (I use Nature's Promise organic sauces), spices (onion, garlic), cheese (Organic Valley Mozzarella), toppings (onion and pepper) and more spices (oregano and parsley). Bake at 350 for a few minutes to melt cheese, it will not take long. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...