Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yum, Yum, and YUM! GF Choco Chip PB Cookies

A while back I found a recipe for gluten free chocolate chip cookies (this was before I started eating GF but I wanted to make them for my dad). I needed to purchase quinoa flakes and it took me a while to find them (in the cereal section of Sonnewald) and then after purchasing them, it took me a while to make because the recipe called for 1 cup of peanut butter and that seemed like a lot for a batch of cookies. So I waited, and waited. Then I finally decided to make them for a family get-together. And I couldn't find the recipe. Ugh. Figures! Then, to my surprise, there was a recipe on the back of the quinoa flake box so I used that as my base and made some of the most delicious cookies ever, gluten free or not! The dough was to die for, I could have eaten it all raw! I think that they would make a great raw cookie dough cake pop, covered in chocolate! And these are also vegan! Interestingly enough these were called "crispy" cookies on the recipe, but they turned out chewy for me, perhaps because I shortened the baking time a bit, didn't want them to burn! They have the consistency of an oatmeal cookie due to the quinoa flakes.

GF Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from the recipe on the back of the Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flake Box
Made 18 large cookies

1/2 c raw and/or local honey
1/3 c sucanat
1/2 c (1 stick) Earth Balance vegan butter, softened or melted
1/2 c peanut butter (I want to try w/ almond butter next)
1 T vanilla
1 c rice flour
3/4 c quinoa flakes
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 c chocolate chips (or nuts/raisins, but I wanted chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350. Beat honey, sucanat, sugar, butter, peanut butter and vanilla. (I did not use a mixer or hand beater, just a wooden spoon :) Combine flour, flakes, soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Add to first mixture and beat until well blended. Add chocolate chips and stir. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (I used both parchment paper and a greased cookie sheet and preferred the parchment paper). Bake about 12-15 minutes. Cool 1 minute on pan and then cool on baker's rack. Enjoy! And don't forget to lick the bowl!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...