Saturday, June 26, 2010

Why?

So, I've decided to join the blogging world. I tried starting one a few years ago about my classroom, but it never really came to fruition. Why did I decide to start again? Because our lives depend on it. For many years I have had a nagging feeling that the foods we were eating were not healthy for us. Why did the ingredient lists on so many products have more items that I could not pronounce or know the origin? Why were more and more people having hormonal balance issues, reproductive cancers, diabetes, obesity, etc.? There was a stretch of about 2 years in which I ate almost all organic, local, and homemade foods. I felt great. I was in the best shape of my life. I want to get back to that, as well as help forge the way for change in this country. My goal for this blog is to provide assistance and information. I hope to educate with links, recipes, and local stores and farms at which quality foods can be purchased. Join me on this journey as I start from scratch! Also, if you have not yet watched the Food Inc movie, please do so. It will change the way you think about every bite that goes in your body. Let it be the impetus for change in your life, as it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...