Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spicy Cauliflower Bites {Gluten Free}


I have definitely consumed more cauliflower over the last year or so than I ever had before! It all started with cauliflower soup then moved onto cauliflower crust pizza, cauliflower "rice" and now these:


Which as far as I can tell are similar to hot wings but much better in my book! My sister introduced them to me and I am so glad she did! When I wanted to make them tonight I couldn't find the recipe so I had to come up with one on my own. Feel free to tweak the amount of spices/pep that you give the recipe according to your own tastes. This version was less spicy than the ones I had made before, which I prefer. My daughter and I polished off the batch in no time where before I wouldn't have been able to because of too much pep!

1 head cauliflower (washed and chopped into florets)

1 c water
1 c Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour
1/2 T each garlic and onion powder
1 T Tiger Sauce or hot sauce (try to find one that is free of HFCS if possible)
1 tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp red pepper flakes

2 T melted butter
1/4 c Tiger or hot sauce

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Whisk together water, flour, spices and first amount of sauce in large bowl. Put florets in bowl and toss to coat. Pour on cookie sheet (covered with foil and sprayed with olive oil). Spoon excess mixture over florets. Bake for 15-18 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.

Transfer florets to a fresh sheet of foil (there will be quite a thick layer of batter on the old sheet). Mix together butter and sauce and spoon over florets, stir to coat evenly. Bake for another 5 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...