Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Donuts

I have been working my way through as many recipes from the Heavenly Homemakers site and decided that Christmas morning would be a great time to try the whole wheat donuts recipe. I followed it exactly as listed except I only did half a batch and definitely added more cinnamon than called for, and will probably add even more next time :) I also used organic sucancat for the first time in my baking. I used coconut oil to fry and loved it! I will definitely use it more often. I'm thinking about coming up with a coconut shrimp recipe... Anyway, here's a few pictures of the donuts and holes, minus the organic powdered sugar we added before munching down! Half a batch made 6 full size donuts and about 15 or so holes. This will definitely be a treat to make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...