Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pizza Pockets

When in need of a fast lunch, I have enjoyed Amy's Kitchen Organic Pizza Snacks. Of course, I wanted to find a way to make them from scratch and was very glad to find a recipe at Heavenly Homemakers! This went together very quickly. Changes to the recipe include:
- I had to use 1/2 organic whole wheat bread flour because I ran out of regular organic whole wheat flour (hmmm, must be due to all of the recent baking!)
- I had some homemade sauce that I used so I did not use her recipe.
- In my pizza pockets I put sauce, parmesan cheese, mozarella cheese, onion and garlic powders.
- I did not use a fork to seal them, my hands were already messy in the dough so I just sealed with my fingers :)
- Before baking I brushed olive oil on the dough and sprinkled parsley and oregano.
- Next time I want to try using olive oil to make the dough instead of butter.
Yum! We are going to freeze what we didn't eat (the recipe made 10 and 1 1/2 was plenty with a salad for a meal).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...